Thursday, March 11, 2010

Must haves in the kitchen

Mami always told me "el secreto para sozonar la carne es el oregano y mucho ajo". Mother knows best for oregano is a key ingredient in most dry seasonings from adobo, italian seasoning, meditarianian seasonings and southern BBQ rubs among many more.

So from years of watching food network and being in mami's kitchen, the key ingredients when cooking red meat and Poultry are:

Good Dominican dried oregano
onion
garlic
sea salt
pepper
lemon

The combination of the first four in powdered form is a condiment that is sold in supermarkets called adobo seasoning. But I like to have each seperatley in powedered form and in fresh form in my kitchen. Paprika and chilli powder are not common in Dominican cooking and I havent used them yet, but I will def play with those ingredients soon.


-Check out my sofrito post. A must have also..

No comments:

Post a Comment